St. John's Catholic Primary School
St. John’s strives to motivate and inspire students to develop strong character and soar high in all aspects of life.
St. John’s Catholic Primary School (SJCPS), an integral part of Antigua and Barbuda’s educational landscape, traces its origins back to 1933 when the Missionary Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mercy established the first Catholic school. Evolving over time, the school’s journey led to its current form as SJCPS, a fusion of Holy Family Primary and Christ the King School’s primary section. SJCPS commenced operation in September 1985.
SJCPS is named after St. John the Evangelist and follows the motto “Vita, Veritas et Caritas,” signifying Life, Truth, and Love. The school’s banner features a majestic eagle, which embodies the school’s core values of strength, determination, and the pursuit of excellence. The banner’s colors also represent core principles: gold represents the light of honesty and faithfulness, blue represents hope, white represents purity and love, and green represents the preservation of the Earth. The school is open to Catholics and non-Catholics alike.
The Mill Reef Fund’s financial support has been used to repaint the entire school and purchase books, furniture, recreational material, cushions for the library, copier ink, teaching aids, fans, and new playground equipment.